Sunday, July 28, 2013

I'm LOVIN' Mixed Media!!!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I had some time this afternoon to work in my creative corner and I decided to try my hand at a mixed media canvas that they showed us at convention. So, after 30 minutes of gathering supplies, I was ready to get started!

I'm not sure about you but, when I'm trying something for the first time it is easiest for me to just CASE a project I've seen. That way I don't have to try to come up with a new design while I'm learning new techniques....I'm a 'one thing at a time' kind of girl. :-)

So, at convention, one of the presenters shared some mixed media canvases that she made. I took some pictures of the big screen while she was walking through the project...and...though many of them had the back of someone's head more in focus than the big screen itself, they proved to be VERY helpful to me today!

Here is my interpretation of the project...

Obviously mixed media is not for everyone but I really love how it turned out and will definitely be making more! I'm even thinking of offering it as a seasonal/holiday class...what do you think?


No comments: